Saturday, September 27, 2008

Welcome!

I'm not sure who I'm welcoming, since if I tell anyone about this blog it will probably be only my parents and sisters who read it!

I'm Liz, a third-year medical student (class of 2010). I'm working/learning in the clinics and wards of Urban Hospital of Urban University. If you don't recognize that name, it's because I made it up. Blogging about medical issues and real patients, even when identities and identifying details are changed or omitted, is tricky territory. The last thing I need is for some whistle-blowing classmate with an ax to grind to report me to the Urban Authorities.

Anyway, I plan on posting at least weekly and hopefully a bit more often than that. Topics will include interesting patient cases (for the most part) and my opinions on various bioethicalmedicolegalfinancialpersonal issues. That should cover it.

Please note my Patient Privacy disclaimer on the right sidebar! If you somehow think you've identified yourself or your ailments in a post on my blog, please leave a comment with your concerns, but I can guarantee that it will be a coincidence.

No comments: